GCSE and A Level results days are looming and it’s a very stressful time for many students. You might be expecting top marks and that’s great, aim high! You might also be a little concerned as to where your results might leave you. But whatever the outcome, there are always options. It’s down to you to check them out.
- You might be feeling a little queezy with nerves, so try to have a good breakfast if you can stomach it.
- If you’re checking your results online at school, get in early so that you can vent some of your concerns with like-minded friends. Everyone is in the same boat and will all be thinking/ feeling the same, whether they show it or not!
- Celebrate your successes and congratulate your friends. Try not to get hung up on the areas that you may not have quite got the result you were hoping for.
- Go off and enjoy Leeds Fest, but come back ready to assess your options after you’ve blown off some steam!
- Don’t panic! If one door closes, another will open. You always have options, you just need to find out what they are. Speak to your parents, or even a careers advisor who can give you all the options.
- University isn’t for everyone and that is absolutely fine. There are plenty of other ways for you to gain qualifications needed for you to make your mark in the real world!
You may not want to carry on to Sixth Form to study for your A Levels. You may have already chosen a vocation such as Hairdressing or Construction and that is wonderful, you’re well ahead of many older people!
You could be training in industry standard facilities such as our Ambitions Hair and Beauty salons or our Metro Restaurant.
At College, you are treated as an adult and are given the opportunity to work closely with local businesses, whilst studying towards a nationally recognised qualification that employers will value.
Why don’t you check out your course options, but also about how Harrogate College can support you with such things as financial help and free transport.
A Level Students
As mentioned before, University isn’t for everyone. It can be quite daunting moving away to set up camp on your own, but also might not be a practical solution for you. You might be working part-time, have people depending on you or you might just love where you live! Whatever the answer, it’s entirely down to you.
But did you know, you can study for a degree at Harrogate College? We offer all sorts of things from Fashion and Interior Design, to Business and Management and Young Children’s Learning and Development. You might as well have a little look, it would be rude not to.
That’s not to say that you HAVE to study for a degree though, that is just one option. You could go into further education and train to become a games developer, a professional chef or you could go into public services, such as the Army.
Yet another option would be taking part in an Apprenticeship. You can do these at any age from 16 to 99 giving you the opportunity to ‘earn while you learn’. There are currently 70 local Apprenticeship vacancies just waiting to be filled by students, which means that there are 70 employers all ready and waiting to pay you for learning! That’s more choice than you can shake a selfie stick at!
You should speak to our Employer Engagement Consultant, who can give you the lowdown on your choices here.
Just remember, don’t panic and check out your options! There will be one made for you.